Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Confession

I never meant to tell you this way. I never even meant you to know. But somehow the words found their ways out my mouth and into existence right there in front of you. I can't remember all the details of all that I said but I do know the general meaning that my words carried. And if I made any sense at all, so do you. My body betrayed me. I sat there and poured my heart out like an idiot. As if I wasn't vulnerable enough already. I confessed my feelings with every bit of embarrassing conviction that I stupidly wear on my sleeve. What the fuck is wrong with me? Can't I keep my mouth shut? Can't even keep my own fucking secrets. I don't know what kind of damage I may have done but there is just no way of taking back the chunk of my heart that I ripped out and made so painfully visible to you.

No comments: