Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Day


What a long month. What a long year. So many things have
happened in a decade. Looking back is hard. While everyone
else makes New Year resolutions I just look back. I do not
make resolutions because I always find myself breaking them
immediately and feeling like such a looser. Just one more
reason to get down on myself, so I stopped that long ago.
Now I just look back and learn from all the things that have
happened over the years. It's hard to realize that you are
not the person you had hoped you would be. Reliving the
hard moments and knowing that you fucked up. I have a
strange way of remembering. I can see vivid images in
my head flicking by like a slide show. You see yourself in
a different light, from a different angle. It's like a slap in
the face. But it's good for me to see the reality of everything,
no matter how much it hurts.

Then, after taking a ride through my memories I look on into
the first light of a new year, a new day, another chance to
dance the dance.

1 comment:

Organic Meatbag said...

I don't do the resolution thing anymore...no need to build unrealistic expectations and disappoint myself...just going to roll through it one day at a time!