Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To Change a Life. . .

What do I want to do in life? What am I going to school to become? These are standard adult sized questions that are asked everyday. Sometimes we don't have the answer to them, but don't worry they'll come to you in time. I have my answers and I want to share.

What do I want to do in life? Well, I want to change other peoples lives in a very big kind of way! You see, I'm going to school to become a changer. . .or better known as a Teacher. I know, I know, teachers don't get paid much and they do a LOT. But really, I don't care about the money. Money is just green paper that people throw around to seem big and powerful when most of the time they're not. No, I'm not in it for the money. I want to become a teacher because when I was in school and I was hurting there were a few teachers there for me. These teachers showed me what it really meant to teach. To teach has nothing to do with what you get paid or how many hours you put in at work. Teaching goes farther than the classroom and the lesson at hand! If all I do in life is change one persons life for the better everything I've done and gone through will be worth it. And believe me, I've heard the whole "you're a stupid idealist" jab before. And to all those who think that way my answer is, "I don't care what you think or what you have to say about it. I don't care if it is idealist and I will tell you it is certainly NOT stupid." This is how I feel and I don't see anything wrong with it. . .

So, you know if you don't know what you want to do or what you're doing in life it's alright! With time you'll figure it out. But I know what I want to do, I want to change a life!

No comments: